This post has moved to 2 webpages:
Service Update (3/27/2020)
We are currently NOT conducting in-person services, small groups or meetings in our church building or at members’ homes while following the State of Wisconsin’s Safer At Home Order.
Our building is closed, but our hearts are open… to God and each other.
For more information, see the Coronavirus Updates page.
Service Update (3/18/2020)
Because we, as a body, want to support initiatives advocated by our national and local leadership, Church In The City will move to ONLINE ONLY services and meetings beginning this Sunday, March 22.
We want to emphasize this is not a fear-based response: we strongly believe that our God is greater than any virus, or anything else. He will keep us safe.
We believe that what the enemy has meant for evil, God will turn to good. But at this time, following the recommendations and mandates (e.g., no more than 10 people gathering in person) is the right thing to do.
Continue to check our Facebook page, Church In The City Milwaukee, for videos from Pastor Dave of spiritual encouragement (also posted to our Food For the Soul with Pastor Dave page). We will continue to post sermons and announcements to our website, www.citcweb.org.
And remember to continue to live in His joy and blessing!!
Worship Service Update (3/12/2020)
We, at Church In The City, are closely monitoring all news associated with the Coronavirus. Our priorities include both the physical and spiritual health of our church body. At this time, we believe continuing to hold worship services is the best course of action. Things to be aware of:
- Service will be held as usual this Sunday, March 15. Please plan to join us if possible.
- We are hiring additional janitorial staff to do cleaning and sanitizing above and beyond our usual weekly cleaning procedures.
- If you feel ill in any way or have had contact with anyone who has symptoms of Coronavirus, we encourage you to remain at home.
- For those unable to attend, our services will be available via livestream on our Facebook page Church In The City Milwaukee.
- God is our fortress and our strength – a very present help in trouble.
These are troubling times indeed, but He is greater!
Pastor Dave Duncan
Children’s Ministry Update (3/12/2020)
Hello families with children in Kids Ministries:
We are continuing to stay updated on the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The children’s health and safety is a concern at Church In The City. We want to see the children grow in God and in who they are in Him. We will continue to watch and pray. God has not given us a spirit of fear, and we know our safety is in Him.
At this time, we will continue to have Sunday morning kids church, nursery and preschool. We will be taking extra cleaning precautions before and after service.
Our policy is going to be a bit more strict at this time:
- If your child is showing any signs of sickness (cough, cold with runny nose, sore throat, or fever) or any of these WITHOUT a fever, we are asking that you please keep him/her home
- If you have traveled internationally, we ask you wait at least 14 days before sending your child
We love your kids and pray in Him, “this too shall pass quickly.”
Pastor Heather Lopez
Several people in our body need a ride to and from church on Sunday mornings and for special events. Two live near Miller Park and one lives on the East side.
If you have the ability and a willing heart to serve by offering a ride, please contact the church office at 414-961-1122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have the following ministries with opportunities for you to serve:
- Welcome Corner
- Building Security
This is a once per month commitment to serve in our body. We are looking for people to do other special projects like painting, cleaning, hand shelving, shampooing carpets, etc. If any of these areas interest you, please contact the church office at 414-961-1122 or email@example.com.