VISION – The First Impression Ministry’s vision is to create a loving environment in which visitors and members feel welcomed and valued as they attend worship services and other church events.
DESCRIPTION – First Impressions exists to provide a warm, friendly and orderly reception so that visitors and members feel welcome at worship services and other church events. It will ensure that guests are provided with information, service materials and directions, helping to assure a hospitable, fulfilling worship opportunity. These people are available 30 min before, during and for 15 min after the service. They welcome people at the door, collect the offering, prepare and distribute the communion, respond to various needs throughout the service and wish people well as they leave.
SKILLS VOLUNTEERS USE
- A basic knowledge of the church building and understanding of Sunday morning ministries.
- Good “people” skills, outgoing, easy to approach and willing to help out.
- Serve 1 or 2 Sundays a month
- Arrive on scheduled Sundays 45 minutes before service starts, get coffee brewing, communion ready (on communion Sundays) and begin greeting people as they come to service.
- During service they remain prepared to assist in helping pass out sign-up sheets, serve communion and be available if someone needs assistance with something.