VISION – To ensure every visitor is able to connect with at least one individual in order to answer questions about the church.
DESCRIPTION – To provide first time visitors a place to connect with an attendee of Church In The City. Then, the visitor can receive additional information about ministries and church activities. They also have a person to ask their personal questions regarding the church atmosphere and beliefs.
SKILLS VOLUNTEERS USE
- Good “people” skills, outgoing, easy to approach and willingness to help
- Basic knowledge of the church building and understanding of Sunday morning ministries
- Knowledge of service opportunities and community groups in the church
- Scheduled at least 1 Sunday a month
- On scheduled Sunday, they retire to the Welcome Corner table in the lobby as soon as service is over or 5 minutes before it is over
- Sit behind or near this table and talk to visitors as they come, answering questions, giving a “welcome” gift and getting to know the visitor a little bit and introduce them to another church member