VISION – To foster and facilitate spiritual exploration among young men and women between the ages of 14 and 21, through community, comprehensive discussion, worship, service, and prayer.
DESCRIPTION – One of the main purposes of the church’s youth ministry is to partner with Jr and Sr High students as they journey through their teenage years. The church desires to help create a place where students can feel comfortable being themselves and expressing their questions and thoughts. We want to help our youth move from knowing about God to knowing God personally and what that means in their daily lives. Youth is offered during the Sunday Service 3 Sundays a month.
SKILLS VOLUNTEERS USE
- A vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus and a desire to share this relationship with others.
- Self-starting, team-oriented, organized and good communication skills
- An authentic love for, patience with, and good understanding of teenagers and young adults and a willingness to invest in and sacrifice for them.
- Honesty, openness, acceptance, trustworthiness.
- Compliance with a background check
- Communicate with parents about goals, activities, and events of the youth ministry.
- Facilitate service opportunities for youth group members
- Establish personal and supportive relationships with youth, walking alongside them and helping provide guidance as needed